Strong Girl Summer - Back Day!Jun 22, 2022
Summer is nearly here and you’ve probably noticed media ratcheting up talk of “beach bodies and “Hot Girl Summer”, but what if we changed "Hot Girl Summer" to Strong Girl Summer? Changing one word, can help change your goals and mindset about getting strong and staying healthy. Learning how to strength train properly can help prevent injury, improve your posture and boost your metabolism to burn fat more efficiently. That means you don’t have to deprive yourself of the foods you love! If you focus on getting strong, you’ll feel more confident, have more energy AND ultimately burn more fat.
If you’ve never had a regular work out routine, or don’t know where to start (or restart), that’s where I come in! My Live Fit 12 Week Sculpt program provides a fresh routine that maximizes your workouts and includes nutrition tips and tricks. At the end of 12 weeks you’ll have all the tools you need to keep going on your own. If you come to love the accountability and programming, we can create a new program together when you complete the 12 weeks to keep you on track.
In the meantime, I’ll be sharing some exercises you can do to get started. This week let’s focus on back day exercises. So often, people zero in on abs or glutes as their target areas, but having a strong back has plenty of perks too! Good posture, feeling confident during tank top season, and being able to do all those fun summer activities without risking injury.
Here are five staple exercises I keep in my personal rotation for back days:
- Seated Cable Row - I opted to do an underhand grip here to get a little more bicep engagement, but overhead or a neutral grip is great here too.
- Lat Pulldown - Long spine, and think about bringing your chest toward the bar as you pull.
- Standing Cable Row - I always like to mix in some unilateral (single side) work as well to make sure both sides of the body are putting in the work! Standing exercises are also going to give you some great core engagement.
- Straight Arm Lat Pulldown - Use a bar or the rope attachment for these. Make sure you are initiating this exercise from the shoulders and not turning it into a tricep exercise. Keep those elbows straight!
- Face Pulls - Keep those elbows high and wide, and get a good squeeze by bringing the shoulder blades together.
Give these a try during your next workout, and drop a comment to let me know how it went, or if you have questions. Want more? Join me for 12 weeks of online coaching. Be sure to follow me on Instagram and sign up for my emails for more fun tips and tricks, to help you reach strong girl status fast!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.