Seasonal Pear Pomegranate SaladNov 29, 2021
This. Salad. Was. Legit.
I think this may be my new favorite holiday salad, like, ever. Pear? Yep. Pomegranate? Uh huh. Goat cheese? Oh yeah.
Thanksgiving foods tend to be super decadent which I LOVE, but I usually feel my best if I also get some solid greens in at a meal as well.
I was feeling something pomegranate and wanted a salad that would compliment the other holiday foods the family was dishing up. I did a little google searching, added/tweaked a few ingredients here and there, and voila, this beauty was born.
I found the inspiration for this seasonal Pear Pomegranate Salad (along with this beautiful photo!) at Chelsea's Messy Apron - check her out, she's got a lot of great recipes!
So here's the deets.
- Mixed greens or spinach (about 8 cups)
- Pomegranate arils (1 cup)
- Sweetened dried cranberries (3/4 cup)
- Goat cheese (1/2 cup)
- Bartlett pears (2 pears)
- Candied pecans (make 'em or buy 'em) (1 cup)
- Raspberry poppyseed dressing (which I'll include the recipe for below)
Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons white sugar (sub for other sweetener like agave)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppyseeds
Combine all of the ingredients except for the oil and poppyseeds in a blender or food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined. Slowly add in the oil in a steady stream. Blend until emulsified and smooth. Stir in the poppyseeds.
Assemble ingredients for your salad. Toss the dressing in with the salad. Only dress what you will eat because leftovers don't save well. You can store the salad and other ingredients separately for delicious leftovers!
Enjoy! Let me know if you try this salad this holiday season.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.