Meal Prep - Crockpot Chicken Fajita BowlsMar 06, 2022
I love a good burrito bowl. They're super quick to make, full of fresh, nutritious ingredients, and packed full of flavor. The dressing on this is the bomb, but if you're in a hurry you can sub the dressing for some salsa or just use the sauce from the chicken mixture. Give these a try and let me know what you think!
*Makes 4 bowls*
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 1 jar of salsa (I suggest mild or medium)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 large bell peppers (I like one red and one green!)
Ingredients for the burrito bowls:
- 6 cups chopped romaine leaves - washed and strained
- 1 can black beans - washed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion - diced
- 1 avocado - sliced
- 1-2 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Other optional ingredients... cheese, corn, and sour cream (or greek yogurt!)
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional, but, yum!).
- Place chicken and sliced peppers in a crockpot. Pour 1 jar of salsa over the chicken, and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or until chicken is cooked completely through. Put chicken in a bowl and use two forks to shred.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together to combine.
- Combine quinoa or rice, beans, onion, peppers, and chicken into the bottom of a bowl. Add romaine lettuce, and top with avocado. Drizzle dressing over the top. Serve, and enjoy!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.