Black Bean & Corn Salad (with Chipotle-Honey Vinaigrette!)Feb 25, 2022
Oh my YUM. This recipe is SO GOOD.
We're in Florida for a few days, visiting my folks. The climate is a stark difference from home right now.. we rolled in to 80 degrees while simultaneously getting photos from back home where it snowed last night, ha!
Salads are always a good idea when the weather is warm, so I was stoked to try this one today. It was so good, I'm convinced you need to try it too.
This could be served as an appetizer or as a side salad as part of a meal.
So let's get to it, shall we? Here's what you need...
- 1 can of fire roasted corn (or two fresh ears of corn, if you're fancy)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (from a can)
In a large bowl, add corn, beans, red onion, red bell pepper, and cilantro.
Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Right before serving, slice avocado into small, bite size pieces and fold in to the salad. Add a little more lime to taste. Garnish with cilantro, and serve cold with chips, or as a side salad.
PS.. leave a comment below if you make this! Would love to hear what you think!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.